trauma sensitive yoga courses
Sam Voolstra facilitates regular trauma sensitive yoga courses. No previous experience with yoga is necessary to join a course.
Yoga can help you reclaim or build a relationship with your body, feelings and emotions.
Practicing yoga forms might empower you, in a safe way, to notice what you feel in your body. Yoga might then support you to practice making choices about what to do with your body based on what you feel.
Since trauma is experienced in the body, practicing yoga might not always be easy if you are a trauma survivor. The course facilitator is there after classes to answer questions, but during the classes we do not talk about individual experiences.
Therefore it is important that you have support in place, in the form of therapy, counselling or from family and/or friends to share what might come up for you while practicing yoga.
6-week Trauma Sensitive Yoga Courses
Thursdays, March 3 till April 7, 2022, 5.30 till 6.30 pm, Lismore - bookings welcome
Thursdays, April 28 till June 2, 2022, 5.30 till 6.30 pm, Lismore - bookings welcome
Cost $ 120, concession $ 108
Apollo Hall and Health Centre, 131 Keen Street, Lismore
If you are interested in joining a trauma sensitive yoga course, please send us an email.
I will then email you more information and payment details. We can also have a chat if you have questions or like more specific information.
Payment for the full course is required to secure your place on a course.
After payment you will receive a payment receipt.
Practical information about the trauma sensitive yoga course in Lismore
- Apollo Hall and Health Center is the location where the courses take place, located on 131 Keen street. When you come up the stairs Apollo Hall and Health Center is the door straight opposite the stairs. The door will be open and you are invited to please take off your shoes when you enter.
- You are welcome to arrive 5 minutes before the beginning of class, for you to settle in and so we can start on time.
- You do not have to talk to other participants.
- Please feel free to wear comfortable clothing. You can practice yoga with bare feet, or wear socks if you like.
- Yoga mats are provided, however you may like to bring your own.
- There is drinking water and toilet available.
- There is street parking on Keen street and a big free all day parking behind the Lismore Regional Gallery and the Lismore Library.